Healthy easy vegan pie/tart/cheesecake crust

   This recipe was a wonderful accident, here is how it happened. Not long- ago I decided to make almond butter. I looked up a recipe, it seemed simple; roast almonds for 10 minutes, let cool and blend.  I did everything by the recipe except I used frozen almonds, somehow that messed it up. Well, I was left with chunks of almonds so I added oil and it did nothing. I added water and it did nothing, finally, I added maple syrup for a little more liquid hoping it would blend. To say the least, nothing worked. In the end, I thought, well I’ll make a tart. So I put my almond mixture into a tart pan and patted it down,  then pre-baked the “now to be crust". Then I quickly made a berry sauce with random ingredients and added some corn starch to thicken. In the end I had a beautiful, and wonderful accidental tart! Much better than my original plan of almond butter.
    This nut crust is easy, yummy, and completely vegan. This recipe is sugar-free! This crust is made with almonds, a little oil, maple syrup, and whatever else you may desire. I made this with a multi berry tart it was super yummy and healthy, so I didn’t have anything to regret when eating it. When you make this you could substitute any other nuts in its place, but almonds are less flavorful than some other nuts, which may leave you with a more distinct flavor to your recipe when substituted for other nuts.

2 c Raw almonds/frozen or unfrozen
2 T Maple syrup
1/4 t salt
1/4 cup oil
1/4 c water if needed
Instructions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
    2. Place a piece of parchment paper onto a cookie sheet, then add the almonds.
    3. Next place in the oven for 10 min rotating and flipping halfway.
    4. Add the rest of the ingredients except the water.
    5. Pulse until the mixture is in very small morsels.
    6. Then add to your pan, pre-bake for 5-10 minutes before adding filling. 
Enjoy!

Comments

Post a Comment